RESEARCH & PUBLICATION CELL SHILLONG COLLEGE
Email : email@example.com
GUIDELINES FOR COLLEGE MINOR PROJECTS
1. Departments are to see that Honours students can submit proposals for projects.
2. Format of application can be obtained from the College website or the office of the Vice Principal.
3. Filled applications are to be submitted to the Research Cell on or before 31st July of the Academic Session.
4. The duration of the Project is 1 or 2 years from the date of implementation of the Project depending on the sanction amount.
5. Submission of Project Report along with statement of expenditure and vouchers certified by the Principal Investigator will be required at the time of completion
6. Two hard copies and one soft copy of the project report to be submitted to the Research Cell.
7. Compilation of Projects in the form of a volume for a duration of every five years is done by the Research Cell .
8. Teachers/Students with incomplete ongoing Projects cannot apply for a new project unless and until the old project is completed and submitted along with other details.
9. Funding of Projects is subject to the number of Projects during the Academic Session
10. Recommendation of the Fund Allocation Committee, Shillong College for funding of the College Projects from 2015 onwards as follows :
Science, Technology & Environment Project - Rs 20,000/- for the duration of 24 months , Rs 12,000/- for the duration of 10-15months
Arts, Humanities & Commerce - Rs 15,000/- for the duration of 24 months -Rs 10,000/- for the duration of 10-15 months
(Allocation of 20 % for projects involving field trips).
11. All funds will be sanctioned when recommended by the 3-membered committee of the Research Cell.
12.In case of project is sanctioned and the fund is released but the P.I is not able to initiate the work within a period of 120 days (4 months) from the date of sanction, he/she will be liable to refund the entire amount along with explanation.
13. All research projects recommended by the Research Committee will be submitted to the Principal through the Fund Allocation Committee for the final release of grants.