In the past years, education in Shillong has seen many changes. Efforts were made to bring about an environment and a level of education that were at par with those of other cities in the country. This saw the establishment of new courses of study in the colleges in Shillong; these courses, the pursuit of which would have only been possible outside Meghalaya and this too, for only a very few students. In 2003, with this objective in mind, and with the world at large having woken up to the vast possibilities of Computer Science and Information Technology and the impact it has made on every human activity, Shillong College felt a need to set up a department of Computer Science and the conduct of courses under it. The courses offered are bifurcated into two broad streams – Bachelor in Computer Applications and B.Sc. (Computer Science), both recognized by N.E.H.U. The Department is also responsible for conducting classes in Computer Science in other streams such as those in the Higher Secondary courses and B.Com. The Department is also engaged in conducting other short term courses to complement the regular course. Regular workshops/ seminars on emerging trends for the benefit of the students as well as the teachers of the Department. Community service is a regular activity of the Department through the Students’ Club. It also conducts capacity building training on ICT for the staff of the College. Development and maintenance of the College official website is also done by the Department.
|Smt. Aiom M. Mitri (Head)||M.Sc ,M. Phil ,NET||01-08-2004||[email protected]|
|Shri B. Mukhim||MCA,NET||01-06-2006 ||[email protected]|
|Smt. Ibalarihun Sun||M.C.A, NET||02-06-2008||[email protected]|
|Shri Teiborlang Warjri||M.Sc (CS)||01-05-2010||[email protected]|
|Shri Nicholas P. Jyrwa||B.Tech,MBA||01-05-2010||[email protected]|
|Shri Donald J Thabah||B.Tech, M.Tech,NET,Gate||01-05-2010 ||[email protected]|
|Shri Ransly Hoojon||M.C.A, NET with JRF||01-09-2014||[email protected]|
|Shri J Swer||B.Tech, M.Tech,NET,Gate||01-09-2014||[email protected]|
|Smt Medarisha S Umwi||MCA,||01-09-2014||[email protected]|
|Smt. Ibameda G. Kharmawphlang||M.C.A ||01-05-2010|
- BSC (Computer Science)
- Study Tour: The Department takes the final year students of the Department for a study tour whenever there is an opputunity
- SCTechZest: SCTechZest is an annual event of the Department for organizing different kinds of events that expands students’ activities beyond the classroom.
- Computer Literacy Outreach Programme: This is a community service extension programme organized by the Department where students of the Department conduct computer literacy campaigns to remote village school students.
- Add-on-Course: The Department introduced Android App Development as a skill based Add-on Course of the Department in the year 2017.
- Students' Skill- Enhancement: The Department takes up oppurtunities offered by third party for enrolling students into various skill enhanchement courses such as Employability Training programmes, Cyber security etc., which are beyond the scope of the syllabus.
- 2018: Report on Employability training(Batch 2 TCS).
- 2020: Report Course in Cyber Security And Ethical Hacking in collaboration with Anudhip Foundation for Social Welfare.
- 2021: Report on YEP.
- 2022-2023: Report of the Inaugural function of the Free Employability Cum Placement Drive conducted by TATA Consultancy Services Affirmative Action Programme.