- Objective: The Green Campus Development Committee (GCDC), Shillong College was established on 26.07.2017 with former vice principal Dr. M. Dey as co-ordinator. The Committee was formed to look into matters relating to promote eco friendliness and address various environmental concerns within the campus and the surrounding community. This initiative was undertaken to fulfil the endeavors of Shillong College as an institution with responsibilities towards environmental conservation. The GCDC bases its operations and activities under the provisions of the Shillong College Green Policy.
- The objectives of the committee are
- To promote environmental awareness and facilitate action so as to work towards creating an environment friendly campus
- To undertake various endeavours in relation to improving the relationship between the campus and the environment.
- To inculcate responsibility and commitment in students and staff, both at home and in the wider community.
- Convener: Smt. V. R. Solomon
- Jt. Convener: Dr. M. B. Lynser and Dr. B. J. Mawrie.
- Members: Shri L. M. Pariat, Smt E. N. Dkhar, Dr B. Wahlang, Smt D. Lyngdoh, Dr Iban Lyngdoh, Shri M. Rynjah, Smt. K.M.A. Sohtun, Shri B. Nongbri, Dr Batriti Nongbri, Smt. D. Kharmon, Shri B. H. Diengdoh, Smt. B. Kharshandy, Smt Larica Pathaw, Smt Angeline Khongwir, Dr R.V. Diengdoh and Dr S. Khyriemmujat – IQAC Co-ordinator.