Collegiate Students Grievance Redressal Committee
The Shillong College Student Grievance Redressal Committee wishes to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment for students of the college. The Committee will enable any aggrieved person(s) to express his/her (/their) feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the college. The Grievance Redressal Committee shall conduct an enquiry and thoroughly examine the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner. Emphasis on procedural fairness will be given with a view to “the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias”.
Objectives of Grievance Redressal Committee
- To support those who have been deprived of the services offered by the college, for which s/he is entitled.
- To make officials of the college responsive, accountable and courteous in their dealings, more particularly with the students.
- To ensure effective solution to the grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- Redressal of Grievances of the aggrieved to solve their academic and administrative problem(s).
- To co–ordinate between students and Department(s) /Class and the management to redress their grievances.
- To guide or provide ways and means to the students to redress their problems.
Grievance Redressal Procedure
The students who wish to file their grievances can do so in the prescribed form available with the Principal, Vice – Principal(s), Students’ Union Office or the same can be downloaded from the college website (https://shillongcollege.ac.in/grievance-redressal-committee/). The form, duly filled, can be directly submitted to the Principal or may be dropped in the Grievance Drop Box, or may be e-mailed at the e-mail address given below.
After the receipts of grievances, the Committee shall take up the matter with the department concern or the management for resolving them. Once grievances are reported, the final report and resolution will be handed over to the Principal, who is the chairperson, for further action.
Exclusions Grievance Committee shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the Academic Council/ Board of Studies and other academic/ administrative committees constituted by the college.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarships/ fee concessions/ awards/ medals.
- Decisions made by college under the Discipline Rules and Misconduct.
- Decisions of the college in admissions of ANY course.
- Decisions of the competent authority on assessment and examination result.
- Any other matter (Academic or Administrative) that the Committee, after thorough examination, deemed to be out of its purview.
Email-id: [email protected]
- L. M. Pariat
- A. Dkhar
- D. M. Syiem
- B. Wahlang
- S. Byrsat
- P. Khonglah
- Special Invitee (Student Member): Ms. Linia Marbaniang (4th Semester BBA)